Sunday, November 15, 2009

Week 1 Assignment, Part 2

I am proficient in all the domains listed in the Technology Applications Inventor. I am a technology teacher in high school and have a Master's in Educational Technology from TAMU-Commerce, so, so far what I've read and viewed in this course are all familiar to me. In the SETDA survey, I marked that we utilize technology in several ways the class room, but I have yet to see documentation that the school has gathered on how that utilization has effected student performance. I will say that several teachers that teach other subjects are not familiar enough with the technology that we have available to us, so I would assume that they are not utilizing this in their classrooms effectively. I am assuming that we are supposed to search "The Rubric for Administrative Technology Use" and read the article notating the level of technology use of Administrators. At my school, I would say that our administrators are at level 2 in this rubric. I personally am/would be at level 3 in my familiarity and skills related to technology. We use cameras, e-mail, pdas, online staff development, online grades and attendance, but our head principle has his secretary do most of his correspondence for him. I feel that being able to utilize a wide range of technologies is beneficial to everyone in the school as well as the parents as long as those involved can all use and understand the technology used.

No comments:

Post a Comment